The recent AYF Dinner held 30th April was once again a resounding success, thanks to so many supporters. Attended by some 210 guests, the dinner raised over $28,000 towards the $130,000 needed to provide Christian SRE in every Armidale Primary School and Armidale Secondary College.
The dinner celebrated AYF teaching the Good News of Jesus Christ, all the way from Kindy through to Year 6 in the Primary Schools, and Year 7 to Year 12 HSC in Armidale Secondary College – to some 600 students, many of whom don’t attend a church and would not have heard of the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ without Christian SRE in our schools.
Our guest speaker, Josh Carmichael, Director SRE for Generate/Scripture Union Australia, spoke of:
- The Gospel & Biblical theme: Building on the Rock – Luke 6:48 And when a flood arose, the stream broke against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built.
- Reflecting on the uncertainty of so much at the present moment and the contrast of God’s dependable, unchanging nature.
- Recognising our desire for SRE students to hear and understand God’s Word
- Encouraging AYF supporters to invest in the lives of our young people, so they might find stability in God.
- The benefit of Christian SRE to students, parents and schools in this current age
- Linking Primary School and Armidale Secondary College transition through the addition of our new Primary School Church SRE Coordinator; and
- The benefits of the merger of Generate with Scripture Union Australia.
Thank you to all those involved in providing our AYF Dinner:
- Tessa Repp – our MC
- Nikki Lomath – creative design
- Jim & Julie Cook – ticketing systems
- Matt Mulready – marketing
- Our 26 Table Hosts
- Richard Lee – coordinating all our sponsorships
- Rob Dewhurst – coordinated the 46 On-line & 10 Live Auction lots, including the 25 artworks donated by our wonderful anonymous art donor
- Sue Gooley – coordinated the 91 Silent Auction lots
- Noel Flavel and his cashiers – payment system
- Peter Clark and Steve Mephan – audio/visual systems
- Jason Riley –auction system software
- Laurence Nussbaumer – software support
- Ben Boland – pack up
- Graham Truscott – overall management
- And the many others who have helped so willingly.
And to all our churches who so actively support AYF and our Gospel teaching in our schools:
- Armidale City Church
- Christian Outreach Centre
- Chapel Street Baptist Church
- District Baptist Church
- Emmaus Church
- Fresh Hope Church of Christ
- Saints Mary & Joseph Catholic Cathedral
- Salvation Army
- Seventh Day Adventist Church
- St. James Anglican Church in Guyra
- St John’s Anglican Church in Uralla
- St Mark’s UNE Church
- St. Pauls Presbyterian Church
- St Peter’s Anglican Cathedral
- Uniting Church
Click here to see all the fun and excitement, photos compliments of Kathy Ewers, New England Honey Bees Photography.
But most of all, our thanks and praise to our Lord Jesus Christ for His wonderful provision.
Armidale Youth Futures
Mobile: 0458 733 711